- 07 Dec 2021
As one of the well-known social media abroad, Pinterest provides an important source of traffic for cross-border sellers. Some well-known brands regard Pinterest as a key traffic channel, and Pinterest users have a strong purchasing power.
Moreover, the marketing methods of Pinterest and traditional social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are completely different. This is why it is relatively easy for most people to promote on FB or Instagram, but Pinterest has no way to start.
First, we introduce Pinterest’s marketing techniques:
(1) The product pictures on Pin must be eye-catching
Pinterest mainly pursues beauty and enjoys beauty. First, understand the needs of users and incorporate this into your product images. Make them feel happy, rich, and healthy when they see your product pictures. Secondly, product pictures should be in line with the seasons and trends, which will make the pictures more susceptible to attention.
(2) A call-to-action description is needed on the picture
It's not enough for you to just pin your picture. You need to let users know the purpose of your Pin picture and what actions they want to do after viewing the picture, and this will be displayed in your picture description.
(3) To know the best time for Pin chart
We found that the best Pin chart time is 2:00 to 4:00 PM EST and 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM EST (ie 3-5 AM Beijing time and 9 AM to 2 PM Beijing time). Seize this opportunity, and you will find that the effect will be significantly improved.
According to statistics:
(1) 98% of people are more inclined to discover new things on Pinterest, while 71% on other social media platforms
(2) Pinner is more likely to become an active shopper than ordinary users; When they shop, they spend about 29% more than those who don’t use the platform frequently (note that Pinterest’s active users are 200 million+)
(3) 93% of Pinners have searched or are about to buy on Pinterest
(4) Pinterest’s 80% of the traffic comes from mobile users, and the Buyable Pins feature makes it easier for users to convert into merchant customers.
(5) 40% of users have an annual household income of more than US$100,000.
Because of the benefits, the Shopyy product department also considers the needs of some businesses. Therefore, the "Pinterest Feed" application plug-in is being developed, which is expected to belaunchedsoon.
(1) Product pictures are automatically synchronized to the Pinterest homepage
(2) Paid advertising feeds are automatically generated and synchronized in real time
(3) Paid and free Pin traffic effects can be quantified and tracked
After a Pin on Pinterest is Repin by others, the effect is very lasting. Maybe one year later, your original Pin is still active, which is why we value an important part of Pinterest marketing. So if you have energy, I strongly recommend that you study this platform.