- 26 Jan 2022
What is Winning Product?
First of all, we need to know the real demands and interests of the target market for the product. For example, We cannot get good sales by selling toothbrushes just because people have to brush teeth every day. What really needs to be considered is the intensity of competition in the toothbrush market. Like why do customers buy from you instead of others?
Here are some tips to help you choose the right product:
1. Don't choose the products that can be easily purchased. The correct products should be special and able to attract consumers to conduct impulse consumption.
2. No restrictions for advertisement. We need to know the regulations of selling online to ensure that our products can be normally sold. For example, on Facebook and Google, no tobacco, no adult products or masks.
3. Are the products attractive enough? Try to focus on the appearance of the products and the content of you ads. Can they catch your eyes at the first sight?
4. Winning products can usually solve problems. It can solve the problems encountered by customers from all aspects of life. For example, a bag that help to take pets to public places, or a tool that can clean your earphones.
How to Find Winning Products
The key to building a hot store successfully is to sell popular and profitable products. You can first create a list of hot selling products, and then estimate one by one whether they meet some of the above-mentioned criteria, and select the most suitable ones for sale.
1. Deep research on Amazon's hot selling list.
Firstly, you can add Amazon Best Sellers as a bookmark, and then you can access them from time to time. The content inside will be updated every hour based on the sales list, showing the latest sales trends.
2. Research different categories. The biggest advantage of Amazon Best Sellers is that it contains almost all product categories. Suppose your website or store is in beauty and health filed, and you are looking for popular items in toiletries. You can do like these: Find the top 100 products in this category on the list. Then choose the product you like and find a suitable supplier whose price is lower than Amazon's price.
3. Check Google Trends for more detailed data.
With the help of Google Trends, you can immediately see the popularity of the word or product in the selected area. And you can also see the related topic and queries.
4. Use paid tools.
1. Dropship Spy https://dropship-spy.com/ This tool can be used to know the current hot and potential products on Facebook / Instagram, including some keyword data. 2. Pexda https://pexda.com/ It can collect the data of which product advertisements on Facebook that users are focusing, subdivide the population, and get more precise product positioning. Also, advertising services is provided.
Dropshipping Research Tool Recommendation
1. Dropship Spy https://dropship-spy.com/
This tool can be used to know the current hot and potential products on Facebook / Instagram, including some keyword data.
2. Pexda https://pexda.com/
It can collect the data of which product advertisements on Facebook that users are focusing, subdivide the population, and get more precise product positioning. Also, advertising services is provided.
3. Niche Scraper https://nichescraper.com/
It is not only a tool for product selection. There are specially-selected hot selling products recommendations. And it is also a free video production tool --- Video Ad Maker. You only need to paste your products URL and simply select some information to generate video ads.
4. Look for hot products with promotional videos in Facebook ads.
For example, just enter "50% off", "Free shipping" in the Facebook search box, and then click the "Video" tab. Then you can view all the latest dropshipping through videos. Choose a product based on the engagement of the post. If the post receives comments within the last 5 or 7 days, the product is not saturated.
Research your competitors
① Find your competitors through Google, like Facebook search, we can also find our competitors from it. Use the search query as https://myshopify.com. For example, when you search “hiking https://myshopify.com”, you can see many shopify stores.
② Study your competitor’s ads. Our goal is to find ads with a high interaction rate and positive reviews from users. Take a note of items seems most interesting for you. We can see competitors’ ads directly from competitors’ Facebook pages. By clicking on the "Info and Ads" tab, you can view all the ads they are running.
③ Turbo Ad finder plug-in tool. (search “Turbo Ad finder Chrome” on Google) and this plug-in can help you filter Facebook’s messy information so that only ads are displayed.